Benefits And Drawbacks Of Assisted Living In Westland
- Westland’s cost of living is 14 percent below the U.S. average. The largest part of this difference is due to housing costs well below the national mean and wouldn’t benefit ALF residents but it should be noted that groceries costs are also 5 percent below the norm. Making it ideal for seniors on tight budgets.
- According to the National Air Toxics Assessment, the air quality in Westland is 6 points below the national average. For seniors with respiratory problems, this could be a major consideration.
- The weather in Westland is not for those sensitive to cold or damp conditions. The city averages a full 6 foot of rain and snow each year and winter temperatures can remain below freezing for long periods of time. For active seniors who enjoy the outdoors, this could be a great hindrance.
- Overall crime in Westland is very close to the national norm. With a violent crime rate of 33 and property crimes running 41.5, the cities ratings are within 3 percent of the median for the country. Making it one of the safer areas for seniors in the greater Detroit area.
- The Westland area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Beaumont Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Westland has an array of community resources for seniors, including a Senior Resources Department that coordinates meals on wheels, senior only trips and tours, massage sessions, health screenings and many more unique activities as well as a senior center.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities In Livonia Mi
Find Assisted Living in
Get Pricing & Availability for Assisted Living in Livonia, MI
Callfor immediate assistance and get more details
Social Demographics Of The State
The state of Michigan ranks 36th in the country for diversity. In terms of religion, 33% of Michigan residents attend religious services among the 9,521 different congregations that are available in the state. The top three Christian denominations in the state are Evangelical Protestant-25%, Mainline Protestant-18%, and Historically Black Protestant-8%. The top three non-Christian denominations in the state are Jewish-< 1%, Muslim-< 1%, and Buddhist-< 1%. In Michigan there are 351 masonic lodges. During the latest presidential election, 48% voted for the Republican candidate while 47% voted for the Democratic candidate. The median age in the state is 40, and 31% of the population is over the age of 55.
Senior Care Authority Testimonials
You were great! Thanks so much for all your help. My Mom really appreciated you coming to the residential care home the night my Dad arrived. Thanks again.
Welcome home to Ashford Court, an independent and assisted senior living community in friendly Westland, MI. Centrally located, the community is next to two pharmacies and adjacent to the beautiful Holliday Nature Preserve. Take a leisurely guided walk through the preserve and learn about the nature that surrounds you. Enjoy the beauty of Newburgh Lake. Or spend an afternoon at the citys shopping hub, all within minutes of home. Westland prides itself on being An All-American City, a nickname that alludes to the towns quintessential small town feel. The town exudes Midwestern hospitality and you’ll feel it everywhere you goin the markets, at the lovely library and at the towns Friendship Center, which provides senior resources.
Westland Mi Assisted Living Services
While youre searching, youll notice that facilities in Westland provide a wide variety of assisted living services. Assisted living communities typically offer services like Wellness Program, Assistance with Restroom, Podiatry Services, and Housekeeping. It is vital to determine what services are included and ones that incur additional fees. You dont want to be shocked by your first bill.
Living The Westland Life
Westland assisted living communities do a tremendous job of helping seniors experience the city and its surrounding areas in the way that they were meant to be experienced. And in this case, that means drawing a distinction between liveliness and relaxation a principle that seems to lie at the heart of Westland itself.
Memory Care Costs In Westland Mi:
WESTLAND memory care facilities rank #7 out of 576 cities in Michigan for affordability, with an average price for memory care at $4,171 monthly. The less expensive dementia care homes can cost as little as $2,418 per month, while the most luxurious WESTLAND Dementia care communities can go up to $7,221 per month. Memory care facilities in WESTLAND are more affordable than those located in WAYNE County, MI, which has an average cost of $4,397 per month and can go up to $7,509 per month.Here is a breakdown of how memory care costs in WESTLAND compare to other parts of Michigan and WAYNE County:
- WESTLAND, MI – 10% cheapest dementia care units: $2,418/month
- WAYNE County, MI – 10% least expensive memory care facilities: $2,574/month
- Michigan State – 10% most affordable Alzheimer’s care facilities: $2,692/month
- WESTLAND, MI median memory care cost: $4,171 /month
- WAYNE County, MI median dementia care cost: $4,397/month
- Michigan State average dementia care costs: $4,591/month
Frequently Asked Questions And Answers
What are some popular services for assisted living facilities?
Some popular services for assisted living facilities include:
What are people saying about assisted living facilities services in Westland, MI?
This is a review for a assisted living facilities business in Westland, MI:
“Thank you Marquette House for taking great care of my mother! In-home care was no longer an option once her Alzheimer’s progressed and Heather and her team were supportive and helpful from the start. My wife and I visit at different times of the day and have found consistent, professional care every time we’re there.”
Assisted Living For Couples In Westland Michigan
In WESTLAND, Michigan, there are 20 assisted living facilities for couples. Senior couples can find assisted living accommodations in WESTLAND, Michigan. in these senior living communities. These assisted living centers also provide single occupancy units. Call 311-8349 to learn more about services and amenities offered and costs at these assisted living communities.
The Best 10 Assisted Living Facilities In Westland Mi
36000 Campus Dr
Thank you Marquette House for taking great care of my mother! In-home care was no longer an option once her Alzheimer’s progressed and Heather and her team were supportive and more
445 N Lotz Rd
I am glad I found this place. We were able to get my mother in here right at the beginning of the COVID lock down. They staff I was able to meet were friendly, helpful, companionate more
205 N Haggerty
an assistedlivingfacility that did not have the care she was promised. Plymouth Inn was suggested by my more
4427 Venoy Rd
If there was a negative option, I’d select it. Hired in, hired in – I’m always confused with the current company that is handling the pay roll. What a joke.Pay your employees before more
1660 S Venoy Rd
,” this is not the place. My advice to you is to look for a LICENSED assistedlivingfacility. My more
35700 Hunter Ave
Great staff and a perfect place for mom! Seta and Nick are wonderful. Book a tour and decide for yourself! more
Got search feedback? Help us improve.
Benefits And Drawbacks Of Assisted Living In Canton
- Seniors considering moving into an assisted living community in Canton should be prepared to endure Southeast Michigans humid continental climate, with its cold, snowy winters. On average, Canton receives 44 inches of snow each year and has a January low temperature of around 18 degrees.
- Canton’s overall cost of living is 21 percent higher than the national average. However, the housing market accounts for most of this difference. Seniors can actually expect to pay less for some living expenses, such as groceries and health care.
- The state of Michigan is moderately tax-friendly for seniors. Social Security retirement benefits are tax-free and the state offers a deduction for other kinds of retirement income.
- Compared to the U.S. national average, Canton’s crime rates are low. On a scale of one to 100, Canton’s violent crime rate is 22.8 and its property crime rate is 23.1. The national averages are 31.1 and 38.1, respectively.
- Assisted living communities in Canton may offer residents outings to one the city’s acres of parks or to take in live shows at The Village Theater at Cherry Hill. In addition, Canton’s community center, Summit on the Park, offers activities for all ages, including at the Club 55 Plus Senior Center.
Arden Courts Of Livonia
Arden Courts of Livonia is located within walking distance of Jaycee Park, not far from 7 Mile Road which has a robust selection of popular restaurants and shops for seniors to enjoy. The staff is specially-trained in dementia care to support its assisted living and memory care residents with hourly safety checks, health monitoring and medication management, as well as coordination with outside physical therapy specialists. The grounds provide a well-maintained green space for seniors to enjoy, while the cozy dining room offers a warm and inviting area where residents can partake in the three hot meals that are served each day.
- Outdoor grounds with garden and patio
- Dedicated resident transportation
An Overview Of Michigan
The quality of life enjoyed by the average Michigan citizen is ranked 33rd nation-wide. Additionally, Michigan is ranked 24th by standards of healthcare. Residents of Michigan enjoy its natural beauty which ranks 29th in the United States. The state of Michigan has a cost of living index of 89.3 where a score of 100 is the national average, and anything below 100 is considered less expensive than the national average. The state has a grocery index rating of 89.3 and a housing index rating of 75.2. There are 148 general hospitals and 259 health centers that provide care for 10,015,421 Michigan residents. The top three hospitals in the state are considered to be University Of Michigan Health System, Mercy Health Muskegon, and Holland Community Hospital.
Westland Mi Assisted Living Activities
Residents require steady activities to stay healthy and lively. A facility should have a complete agenda of events in the facility as well as visits to local attractions. Communities schedule activities like Bridge, Red Hat Society, and Plays and Concerts for seniors to keep busy. Seniors in Westland have access to local shopping, cafes, parks, and other attractions.
70% of people 64 or older will require long term care during their lives according to Genworth Financial.
Financial information and statistics based on Genworth Financial and Senior Advice.
Crystal Sierra Adult Foster Care Home
Crystal Sierra Adult Foster Care Home offers its residents Jewish faith based assisted living in Wayne county, Michigan. Up to 6 residents can enjoy its services and amenities. Multiple assisted living apartment layouts are available at this center, including one-bedroom units and studios. Crystal Sierra Adult Foster Care Home recognizes the importance of providing an enriching lifestyle along with promoting physical, emotional, spiritual and intellectual well-being. Crystal Sierra Adult Foster Care Home offers help with bathing, grooming, dressing and incontinence care to its residents in Melvindale, MI and surrounding areas. Crystal Sierra Adult Foster Care Home is located at 24110 Outer Drive, 48122 and supports seniors with dementia. While people of all religious backgrounds are welcome here, Jewish traditions and holidays are observed in this assisted living community.
American House Farmington Hills
American House Farmington Hills is set on an estate near the intersection of West 10 Mile Road and Middlebelt Road, a short drive from the Carpenter Lake Nature Reserve. The comfortable facility offers villa, studio and one and two-bedroom accommodations to residents aged 55 and older who need help with activities of daily living. Private cleaning services, in addition to laundry and housekeeping services, help seniors keep their apartments fresh, while an on-site beauty salon offers a comfortable space in which to unwind. Seniors’ medical needs are supported by a medication management program, physical therapy and hospice care, and residents can choose to cook their own meals in their in-room kitchenettes or join other residents for shared meals in a communal dining room.
Why Choose The Village Of Westland
Are you looking for a new home for yourself or a loved one that is safe and secure, with activities to nourish the mind, body and soul, in a family atmosphere? Do you require health care services? Come visit The Village of Westland.
As a life plan community, we offer residences and services to meet our residents needs as they change and expand. On our 23-acre campus, we feature a variety of independent living floor plans, as well as the full range of care options including enhanced living, assisted living, memory care and respite services.
Our attentive, caring staff provide chef-prepared meals in a community dining room transportation to local stores and doctor appointments entertainment outings wellness classes in a state-of-the-art exercise facility and an on-site social worker to assist with health care benefits and other aspects of daily life.
Come visit The Village of Westland and see why our residents call it my home.
Request More Info On Ashford Court
I can help you compare costs & services for FREE!
Hi! I’m a senior care specialist trained to match you with the care option that is best for you.
- Get personalized guidance from a dedicated local advisor.
- Get an easy-to-understand breakdown of services and fees.
- Our service is 100% free to use – no hidden costs.
The hard part is over.
I’m matching you with one of our specialists who will be calling you in the next few minutes.
Don’t want to wait?
Westland Mi Assisted Living Amenities
The amenities that are supplied directly influence the quality of life for residents. Every facility offers some standard, making sure seniors are cozy and happy. Routine amenities provided are Smoke Detector, Elevators, and Chef. Bigger facilities in Westland have more luxurious amenities, so seniors have the feeling that theyre staying at a resort.
Cost Of Assisted Living In Westland Mi
Its important to have an idea what determines the fees for care in a Westland, MI assisted living community. The largest fee is the room. Is it okay to share a two-bedroom unit, or is a private bedroom, bath, and kitchen needed? What level of care will the resident require? Will this level of care be enough for the near future, or will increased care be needed?
- Assisted Living Westland Low: $825.00
- Assisted Living Westland Average: $3,515.00
- Assisted Living Westland High: $6,375.00
- Michigan Average: $3,850.00
- National Average: $4,000.00
About Westland Assisted Living & Nursing Homes
Westland Assisted Living facilities and Nursing Homes are residential facilities for older adults who require assistance with daily care in Westland, MI. Many of the same services provided by Assisted Living may also be provided at a Nursing Home. Assistance may include Westland nursing and elderly care as well as help with household chores, daily living activities, and transportation. Westland Nursing Homes can provide short-term rehabilitative services to people recovering from hospital stays, as well as long-term care for people who do not require hospitalization but cannot be cared for at home.
You may contact Assisted Living & Nursing Homes for questions about:
- Westland senior living and housing
- Assisted living communities
What To Consider About Assisted Living In Canton
Located midway between Detroit and Ann Arbor, Canton is a dynamic, diverse community that offers easy access to both of those larger cities. Canton is also home to a growing number of retirees who can choose to take advantage of its cutting-edge community center, premiere performance venue and plentiful parks. According to the 2010 census, residents 55 years of age and older make up roughly a quarter of the area’s population. Those seniors seeking an assisted living center in Canton can select from 48 different facilities available in the area. Five of these are in Cantons city limits, while 43 more can be found in surrounding communities such as Westland, Plymouth and Livonia.
Additional Senior Care Options In Westland:
If an assisted living facility environment is not appropriate for your loved one, consider Alzheimer’s care in Westland, MI that will provide better security.
Want to talk to an assisted living expert? Learn about all of your options. 100% free, no obligation information.
Assisted Living Facilities in WESTLAND, MI. List of all of the best assisted living, senior living and elderly housing options in WESTLAND for 2021.
What To Consider About Assisted Living In Westland
The term assisted living facility is not officially recognized by the State of Michigan. The term they use is Adult Foster Care Facility . Regardless of the name, these facilities provide assistance with the basic needs of seniors like eating, bathing, dressing and grooming while still allowing them their independence.
In Westland, these communities fall under the venue of the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs which divides them into six categories depending on the number of people they care for and whether the facility has staff living on site. There are seven ALFs in Westland itself with another 49 residing in the surrounding area.