Sunrise Of West Babylon
Residents living in the Sunrise of West Babylon can maintain an active lifestyle and enjoy all that Long Island has to offer. Located near the Babylon Village, this senior living community is close to many shopping areas, restaurants, theatres, and cultural and community event locations. It’s also a few minutes from Long Island’s beautiful shorelines. Residents enjoy living in a secure, home-like atmosphere with attractive outdoor landscaping. Studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom apartments are available. And the staff helps with housekeeping and laundry service. Residents are urged to participate in on-site and off-site activities such as games, music performances, gardening and Wii Sports to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Resident transportation
Long Islanders Voted Jeffersons Ferry Best Assisted Living On Long Island
1 Jefferson Ferry Dr., South Setauket. 631-650-2600. jeffersonsferry.org
Who knew retirement could be this good? At Jeffersons Ferry, seniors 62 years and older are encouraged to continue living life like theyve always had. Whether its an energetic lifestyle they crave or expanding their love for art and reading, Jeffersons Ferry has something for everyone! The retirement home, which claimed its Best Of Long Island title in this competitive category, offers a host of recreational activities, and is also home to waterfalls, a dining area, pooland even an on-campus lake! New residents have a choice of a cottage dwelling or an apartment-style home. Whichever they prefer, Jeffersons Ferry believes residents should make their new living quarters their own, which only enhances the experience!
The Point Network Program
Rhode Islands Division of Elderly Affairs collaborates with community partners, including the local Aging and Disability Resource Centers and Senior Health Insurance Program, to form the POINT Network. POINT aims to bring information, referral and long-term care options counseling, along with healthcare service and delivery. POINT has regional offices to ensure information is consistent and culturally appropriate. These regional offices are located in the following areas:
|Regional POINT Agencies|
Read Also: Assisted Living Facilities St Louis Mo
More Ways To Finance Assisted Living
Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits: Veterans can take advantage of several different pension programs to help cover the cost of assisted living. For more information, see the article on benefits.va.gov.
- Life Insurance Policies: Even if a spouse or loved one hasnt died, certain types of life insurance policies can be used to pay for assisted living. More information is available at longtermcare.acl.gov
- Long-Term Care Insurance: Long-term care insurance is a type of insurance policy that pays for long-term care when it becomes necessary, including the cost of assisted living. For more information on the benefits and drawbacks of this financing method, visit longtermcare.acl.gov.
- Reverse Mortgages: Reverse mortgages allow seniors to access the equity from a home that they own, and these funds can be used to pay for assisted living. The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development offers a federally insured reverse mortgage program.
What Youll Experience At The Bristal At North Woodmere
Apartment options to choose from: friendship suite, studio, one-bedroom, or two-bedroom
- Choice of apartment with kitchenette and private bathroom
- All utilities
- Weekly laundering of bed and bath linens, plus personal laundry service if desired
- Emergency response system in every apartment
- Maintenance of individual apartment, common areas, and grounds
- 24-hour security surveillance throughout the community
- Scheduled transportation to stores, parks, concerts, museums, theaters, restaurants, and more
- Local management team that oversees operations
- Expertly trained staff available around-the-clock
- Refreshments available throughout the day in the Bistro Grille
- Daily schedule of organized social activities, cultural programs, and live entertainment
- Putting Green
Read Also: Genesis Assisted Living Montgomery Tx
More Services More Support
St. Johns Enhanced Assisted Living services start with on-site nursing staff and support aides available 24 hours a day, seven days a week at the Hawthorne. That is just the beginning. We also offer a wide range of other services designed to help older adults age in place. Those services include:
- On-site doctors office
- Medication management, including assistance administering injections
- Physical assistance with ambulation and transfers
- Chronic incontinence management
- Support for many other complex medical challenges and equipment
Far Rockaway Center For Rehabilitation And Nursing
Catholic assisted living community that is located at 13 11 Virgina St in Queens county, Far Rockaway Center For Rehabilitation And Nursing enables seniors in Far Rockaway, NY as well as those who live in surrounding areas to receive assisted living care. This Catholic faith based senior living facility includes amenities such as educational and cultural activities, medication set-up and reminders, personal laundry service, a wellness center, transportation to various planned activities, well-balanced meals and emergency pendants. Far Rockaway Center For Rehabilitation And Nursing has a capacity of up to 100 Far Rockaway older adults. Far Rockaway Center For Rehabilitation And Nursing has an official license to provide senior living accommodations for Queens, NY seniors and has a license # 335044.
Read Also: High Grove Assisted Living Lexington Ky
Drawbacks And Benefits Of Assisted Living On Long Island
Its important to think about benefits and drawbacks before making a decision to move to assisted living on Long Island, such as:
- Long Island is moderately tax-friendly for older adults. While Social Security and public pension income is not taxed, withdrawals from retirement funds and private pension income are partially taxed.
- There are multiple public transportation systems available in Nassau and Suffolk counties. These transit systems provide discounts and benefits for older adults. The Able-Ride/Paratransit Program offers transportation for older New Yorkers and those with disabilities who cannot utilize regularly scheduled buses. The Essential Transportation Program provides transportation to adults over 60 who reside in the Town of Islip. This transit system offers transportation to doctors’ appointments, grocery shopping, trips to Riverhead, etc.
- At the time of publishing, there are over 20 hospitals on Long Island. Long Island Jewish Valley Stream is a well-known medical facility in the older adult community offering services such as home health care, a free senior telephone help line and spiritual services.
- Long Island can be a very safe place to live. In the Town of Islip, for example, the chances of being a victim of violent crime are 1 in 1,340, according to NeighborhoodScout at the time of publishing. Across New York state, the chances are 1 in 285.
The Best Assisted Living Facilities In Long Island Ny
At AssistedLiving.org, we are passionate about connecting seniors and their loved ones with supportive assisted living communities that offer the care and services that allow older adults to age gracefully and independently.
In order to find the top assisted living communities in the Long Island area, our team of researchers:
- Sorted through 47 communities using our unique methodology
- Spent over 16 hours researching assisted living communities in Long Island
- Read more than 140 reviews left by residents and their family members
After filtering out facilities that didnt meet our high standards, we were left with 10 assisted living communities that earned our seal of approval. Through this process we discovered that the average cost of assisted living in the city of Long Island is $6,950, which is the same as the state average of $6,950 and considerably higher than the national average of $4,051.
Read on for in-depth information about the top assisted living facilities in Long Island, a brief dive into our methodology for determining the best assisted living communities, and a searchable directory of 47 communities in the Long Island area.
Read Also: Georgetown And Cambridge Assisted Living
Senior And Elderly Rights In New York
Each resident of an assisted living facility is entitled to certain rights, as outlined by the 1987 Nursing Home Reform Act. After seniors and their families expressed concerns for the rights of those living in long-term care facilities, the federal government passed this law to ensure all residents of care homes receive the same rights as an independent individual. Today, all long-term care facilities must comply with the Nursing Home Reform Act and must respect each of their residents rights as outlined by the law.
According to the National Long-Term Care Ombudsman Resource Center, assisted living community residents are entitled to the following rights as outlined by the Nursing Home Reform Act:
- The right to be fully informed of the facilitys rules, regulations, fees, services.
- The right to complain if the facility acts unlawfully or does not comply with the terms of their service in the resident agreement.
- The right to take part in their own care .
- The right to privacy.
- The right to lawful discharges and transfers, which includes a 30-day notice outlining why the facility is discharging or transferring them.
- The right to be treated without abuse, and to be treated with respect and dignity.
- The right to accept or refuse visitors.
- The right to make their own decisions, such as choosing their own clothes to wear or choosing their physician.
What Is Enhanced Assisted Living
An Enhanced Assisted Living Residence is an Assisted Living Residence that has an additional certification from the New York State Department of Health that permits assisted living residents to age in place. Residents receive a substantially higher level of care than provided in traditional assisted living, bridging the gap between assisted living and a skilled nursing facility. Services may include diabetic management, physical assistance with ambulation and transfers, incontinence management and assistance with other complex medical issues and equipment.
Also Check: Your Life Assisted Living Palm Beach Gardens
Ssi Enhanced Assisted Living Program
The Supplemental Security Income Enhanced Assisted Living Program is a state and federal program for adults over age 65 and adults with disabilities.
The program provides financial assistance to eligible individuals who are assessed and found to be in need of services provided in an Assisted Living Facility. The SSI Enhanced benefit allows for an increased Supplemental Security Income payment to help cover the cost of room and board. To qualify, an individual must participate in an assessment and be considered an appropriate candidate for admission.
Why St Johns Enhanced Assisted Living
Everyone wants to live as independently as possible for as long as possible. However, eventually, we all need a little help. Not with everything, but here and there during the day. St. Johns Enhanced Assisted Living in Rochester, NY is a safe, supportive, cost-effective option for those wishing to age at home. Also called the Hawthorne, St. Johns enhanced assisted living services are provided at St. Johns Meadows within 38 one-bedroom apartments where residents enjoy fine dining three times daily, weekly housekeeping, personal laundry and linen service, transportation, and much more.
With St. Johns Enhanced Assisted Living, you or your loved one can enjoy a higher level of care than traditional assisted living programs, bridging the gap that often exists between this level of service and skilled nursing facilitiesall at a fraction of the cost of that higher level of care and in the greater Rochester, NY area.
Don’t Miss: Summerset Assisted Living Rancho Cordova
Similar Senior Communities Near Huntington Ny
The features and amenities that are displayed on this page contain marketing information provided by the community. A Place for Mom has not confirmed the completeness of the provided information, and cannot guarantee its accuracy.
To conduct a complete investigation, seniors and their families should:
- Tour any listed location to confirm the accuracy of the community description
- Confirm that the community offers services that are required for the seniors specific needs and budget
- Check additional licensing and state audit information
If you become aware of any information that should be updated or noted, please contact A Place for Mom.
A Place for Mom uses the term assisted living to indicate that the community provides some level of assistance with daily living activities. It does not indicate that the facility meets official state requirements for level of care.
Please enter a valid email address.
How Do I Apply
To apply and for more information, please contact The Point helpdesk, a free resource provided by our division, the Office of Healthy Aging, and its partnership with United Way 2-1-1, to help older adults, people living with disabilities and caregivers explore options from healthcare planning, employment opportunities and more.
The Point helpdesk is available 24/7 by calling 462-4444 , 2-1-1 or 462-4445 . You can also visit one of OHA’s six Point offices during business hours. Find the one closest to you by going here.
Don’t Miss: Assisted Living Spokane Valley Wa
Senior Living Properties Change Hands In $54 Million Dealyour Browser Indicates If Youve Visited This Link
Real estate for four senior livingfacilities in the Capital Region has sold for $53.9 million. Limited liability companies connected to a Syracuse-based operator, Peregrine Senior Living, bought the properties from a series of LLCs connected to Chicago real estate trust Ventas,
The Business Journals
Recommended Reading: Your Life Assisted Living Palm Beach Gardens
About The Bristal Assisted Living
The Bristal Assisted Living is a senior housing facility located in the Lake Success area of New Hyde Park, New York. The community is in a predominantly wealthier area, with an average per-household income of $98,762. It is densely populated, with about 42,000 individuals residing in the 11040 zip code. It is close to churches, retail shopping, health care services, and other local amenities. There are a large number of churches within four miles, including Albert C Martin, Lake Success Jewish Center, Notre Dame Rc Church Rectory, and Mt Olive Baptist Church. There are dozens of drugstores within a mile of the community. They are also located just 1.09 miles from North Shore University Hospital.
The Bristal Assisted Living offers the following types of care: Alzheimers care, assisted living, and independent living. They can care for those who are dealing with Alzheimers and who have trouble with common activities, and who need close care on a routine basis. Also, they can provide for residents who have mobility but may need help with completing daily activities like personal hygiene, meal preparation, and house keeping. Additionally they can service those who are healthy and active and who desire to live amongst other senior citizens and enjoy amenities like house cleaning and on-site maintenance in a community setting.
Also Check: Assisted Living Anne Arundel County Maryland
Overview Of New York Assisted Living
The Empire State boasts a population estimated at 19,467,789, making it the third most populous state in the U.S., following California and Texas. However, New York City, with a population of around 8.1 million people, is the most populous city in the United States.
In a state where there is always something to do, whether visiting popular tourist destinations or enjoying a more easy-going afternoon outside of the big city, assisted living in New York is ideal for those with a sense of adventure.
Harbor House Is The First Residential Facility In New York Dedicated To Patients With Alzheimers Disease And Memory Impairments
With everything under one roof, we place our residents on one of three floors according to the specific social and cognitive abilities of each individual. Having everything they need on one floor allows our residents to freely move around on one level and to feel comfortable with their peers. Each floor has its own nursing team, med techs, and aides to ensure that every resident gets the care and attention they need. Additionally, our therapeutic recreation program provides appropriate activities that encourage social involvement improve cognition, movement, and motor skills and give each person a sense of achievement.
The mission of Harbor House assisted living is to provide comprehensive, compassionate, and dignified care to each one of our residents. We are personally invested in every facet of our residents well-being including their outward appearance and their emotional, cognitive, and physical health. Our Harbor House assisted living residents always come first, and we maintain an unending commitment to always acting in the best interest of our residents and their families.
Don’t Miss: Savannah Grand Assisted Living Sarasota
Best Assisted Living Facilities Long Island Ny
Long Island is one of the best places to retire. Theres so much to look forward to in this vast island that stretches across four counties Suffolk, Nassau, Queens, and Brooklyn.
If you love the sun and the sand, Long Islands expansive 118-mile coastline gives you access to 150 beaches. Explore new hobbies like fishing or golfing. Visit historic attractions and state parks, such as the Gold Coast mansions and the Montauk Lighthouse. Long Island also has a great wine and restaurant scene.
If youre searching for a facility that not only provides the best care for seniors but also offers a safe home where you can look forward to each day, there are several assisted living facilities on Long Island NY, where seniors have access to superior quality care and amenities. We have created a list of top assisted living facilities to help you in your search.
Our 14 best assisted living facilities on Long Island, NY, are as follows:
When it comes to the best assisted living facilities Long Island NY has many, and these top 14 communities offer exceptional service and amenities. Lets take a look at each one
Assisted Living In Rhode Island
We have gathered data for over 20,000 assisted living communities serving seniors across the U.S., and over 55 statewide. Our research indicated that a resident in an assisted living community in Rhode Island will pay $4,350 per month on average.
Rhode Island is the smallest state in the U.S., making it easy to reside in one of the quaint seaside towns while staying close to Providence, the major metropolitan area, or vice versa. The state is also near the Northeastern hubs like New York City or Boston. These reasons, among others, explain why Rhode Island is a destination for a growing elderly population. More than 217,000 residents are aged 60 or older, which is approximately 20% of the states population. That number is expected to jump 75% to more than 264,000 by 2040.
Read Also: Cypress Assisted Living San Francisco