Free Assisted Living Resources In Traverse City
Traverse City and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agenciesand non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for orcurrently residing in an assisted livingcommunity. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such asgeriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, findinghome care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Traverse City, please visit our Assisted Living in Michigan page.
Senior Advisor In Orlando
- Contact Information. Call or email us, we are happy to serve Orange, Seminole, Osceola, Lake, and Volusia counties. North Star Senior Advisors is dedicated to helping families find their loved ones a place to call home. 715 Douglas Ave. Altamonte Springs, FL 32714. 855-448-STAR
North Star Assisted & Senior Living In Coeur D’ Alene Id
- North Star Care Options. Our philosophy of service at North Star Assisted & Senior Living in Coeur d Alene, ID is that Independent and Assisted Living encourages an active and free senior lifestyle that supports residents privacy and dignity. Our senior apartments are considered the largest and most spacious in Coeur dAlene.
Don’t Miss: Gracewood Assisted Living Lino Lakes Mn
Northstar Senior Living Reviews
- In business around the US. Able to make the higher populated, higher income areas successful. Cons. Shady business operations. The “get things done” attitude gets in the way of things being done ethically correct. Business is business, but they aren’t in this business to impact the lives of senior citizens.
Bay Ridge Assisted Living Center
Bay Ridge Assisted Living Center offers a luxurious retirement experience in a quiet, residential setting. Seniors enjoy comfortable accommodations and an extensive list of services, including personal care, meals, laundry and housekeeping. The community is designed with welcoming common areas for socializing as well as an activities room equipped with a large-screen television, games, puzzles, books and exercise equipment. There’s also a furnished patio where residents can relax outdoors. Care plans are customized based on each resident’s needs and preferences to encourage self-sufficiency and independence. When seniors need to run errands or schedule appointments, there are a number of shops and medical facilities located nearby.
- Cozy carpeting throughout
You May Like: Assisted Living Facilities In Los Angeles County
Orchard Creek Senior Living And Health Care
Locally owned and operated, Orchard Creek Senior Living and Health Care has been serving the Traverse City area for more than 20 years. The community is known for its caring staff and efforts to help seniors live as independently as possible. Each resident apartment features a private bath and patio or balcony area, and housekeeping and laundry services are provided on a weekly basis. Residents are free to choose how they spend their days, whether that means taking a stroll around the outdoor courtyard, going to the on-site salon to freshen up their look or participating in a group outing.
- Studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- On-site physical, occupational and speech therapy
Caregiver Jobs Employment In Traverse City Mi
- In Home Caregiver $15 an hour. Comfort Keepers Traverse City, MI 3.6. Traverse City, MI 49686. From $15 an hour. Easily apply. Responsive employer. Urgently hiring. We offer competitive wages and benefits to our caregivers , paid training, and flexible hours. Active 3 days ago.
Recommended Reading: Almond Blossom Assisted Living Chico Ca 95926
Traverse City Long Term Care Home
Northern Star Assisted Living is a local Traverse City Long Term Care Home area business. Feel free to fill out our contact form here at the bottom of our profile on researchgiant.com so we can reach out to you!
If you need Long Term Care Home services, then call us now at 947-4626. We are always happy to provide you with quality Traverse City Long Term Care Home and excellent customer service.
Inquire about Traverse City Long Term Care Home and call Northern Star Assisted Living today!
North Star Adult Care In Portland Or
- About North Star Adult Care . North Star Adult Care is a family care home located within the University Park neighborhood of Portland, Oregon. The encompassing area is heavily populated, with about 32,000 poeple living in the zip code of 97203. With an average household income of $43,918, it is a largely middle class area.
Read Also: Banyan Assisted Living Venice Fl
North Star Rehabilitation & Care Community
- This particular facility is a bit run down, and not located in a very desirable neighborhood. I am a friend or relative of a resident. 5 3 1. 3185 WEST ARKANSAS AVENUE, Denver, CO 80219. Call. 385-2527. Claim Caring.com Listing. North Star Rehabilitation & Care Community 385-2527.
French Manor Assisted Living
French Manor Assisted Living earns a spot on this list for the high level of care and attention its residents receive. The small size allows staff members to provide personalized support, and regular wellness checks are conducted by a registered nurse to ensure seniors’ needs are met. The community is conveniently located, offering easy access to shops, restaurants and healthcare facilities, and transportation is available to take residents to their medical appointments. Nutritious, homecooked meals are prepared fresh each day, and accommodations can be made for seniors with special diets. Daily activities such as gentle yoga, chair exercises, music performances and bingo keep residents engaged.
- In-house foot care clinic services
You May Like: Assisted Living Facilities Dalton Ga
About Senior Living Placement
- About North Star Senior Advisors. Established in 2014, our Mission is to offer FREE support and guidance through your transition into senior living. Well explain the process, provide an overview of senior living communities and accompany you on tours to ensure that you find that perfect new home in Lake, Seminole, Orange, Osceola, and …
Northern Star Assisted Living Closes
Angie Antoine moves a residents belongings at Northern Star Assisted Living in Traverse City on Friday.
TRAVERSE CITY For the past two weeks, Ross Cox, 33, has watched most of his neighbors move out.
Cox, 33, is a resident of Northern Star Assisted Living, a 65-bed facility on Munson Avenue scheduled to close by the end of the month.
Its a hard change, a hard transition, Cox said. People already down on their luck now have such a short time to try to find somewhere to go, somewhere to move their entire life.
Administrator Amber Phillips said she was told in late October by the facilitys owners it was closing at the end of this month, and she immediately informed residents and their families.
As of Thursday, staff helped 35 of the facilitys 46 residents find new housing, she said.
Northern Star is part of Traverse Victorian Assisted Living LLC, incorporated in 2013 by local real estate developer Bill Clous.
His brother, Ron Clous, a real estate developer and vice chair of the Grand Traverse County Commission, is a silent partner.
Its unfortunate that the need is there, but its staffing for the need, getting people available to work, is the most difficult part, Ron Clous said.
Clous has been a critic of the countys ownership of Grand Traverse Pavilions, a 240-bed nursing home in Traverse City, and its multi-million-dollar pension debt.
Phillips said she had a similar experience.
One of those calls came from the Pavilions.
Don’t Miss: Kris Leigh Assisted Living Boynton Beach Fl
Northern Star Assisted Living
Northern Star Assisted Living provides an environment that’s comfortable and homelike, with trained staff members on-site 24 hours a day. The community is fully secured, including a fenced-in courtyard, and equipped with exterior alarms for resident safety. Housekeeping, personal laundry services and routine apartment maintenance alleviate the burdens of home ownership. A wide variety of activities are offered each day to promote social, physical and mental stimulation. These include arts and crafts projects, singing, book clubs, stretching classes and Bible studies. The community also hosts frequent events and themed days, such as movie nights, wine and cheese socials and barbecues.
- Full range of senior care services
A New Leaf: Local Senior Living Facilities Rebrand Set Sights On Improved Hospitality
Two senior living facilities in Traverse City are turning the page on a fresh start.
The properties, owned by local real estate developer Bill Clous, have operated for the past five years as Traverse Victorian Senior Living and Waters Edge Senior Care, respectively. Clous still owns the properties, but management has been taken over by Jason Thibodeau and Amber Phillips. Traverse Victorian Senior Living, situated at the corner of Munson Avenue and Eighth Street, will be rebranded as Northern Star Assisted Living. Waters Edge, which is located at 4612 US-31 South, is now Aurora Senior Living.
Previously, both senior living homes were hotels. The Traverse Victorian Inn occupied the Munson location, while the Gold Coast Inn was part of US-31s hotel row. For Thibodeau, who owns The Parlor in Downtown Traverse City, the new chapter for both properties is an opportunity to combine their hospitality industry roots with their current status as senior living communities.
Hospitality, to me, is about caring for people, and thats always been my calling, said Thibodeau. I think its often forgotten, but senior care is hospitality. Its about taking care of people and looking after their best interests. I think a lot of that is lost in the senior care industry. It becomes something different for people and comes to be viewed as just a job. But its such hard work that it really cant be just a job. It has to be a passion. You have to love caring for people.
You May Like: Pasco County Assisted Living Facilities
Culver Meadows Senior Living
Located just minutes from doctors’ offices, shopping and other amenities, Culver Meadows Senior Living is ideal for active seniors. In fact, we’ve included it on this list for its efforts to create a vibrant and engaging living environment. Residents can keep their minds stimulated with daily activities, such as arts and crafts, music, bingo and movies, and a physical therapist visits the community every Tuesday to lead an exercise and mobility class. Live entertainment and musical groups also make frequent appearances. For residents’ safety, the community is fully secured with alarmed exits, coded entries and smart lighting throughout the facility.
- Daily activities for engaged living
Assisted Living Transitioning Help
- Assisted Living communities in Florida and memory care communities in Orlando are numerous, and the task of finding your loved one the ideal new home environment can be stressful. We provide a guided path to senior living by locating communities to meet your needs and expectations.
Also Check: Alderwood Assisted Living Central Point Oregon
Assistedlivingorg Institute Trusted Communities
The Assisted Living Research Institute spent dozens of hours researching the top assisted living communities in the Traverse City area to allow seniors and their families to find the community thats right for them. Click through the facilities listed below to read in-depth reviews, what residents are saying, and details such as base pricing, room types, and more.
Bay Ridge Assisted Living Center
What Residents are Saying:
Visitors are attracted to the facility because of its its homey feel, and they appreciate the expertise of the staff. One comments, “I have my name on The Village at Bay Ridge’s waiting list. When I walked in, it felt like home. The lady who showed me around was very knowledgeable.”
What Residents are Saying:
Reviewers of the facility enjoy the surroundings and staff. One writes, “They had a lovely spot right on a little lake and were just a few buildings away from the city library plus, there was a close shopping area you could walk to, and traffic was fairly quiet. It was a really nice place, and the people there were very accommodating.”
Cherry Hill Haven of Traverse City
What Residents are Saying:What Residents are Saying:
Family members appreciate how fast their loved ones settle in the community and its ideal surroundings. One reviewer says, “My dad has been at Cordia for 18 months. He has been content there from day one. The campus is perfect for him as he prefers to be outside as often as the weather permits.”
What Residents are Saying:
The Best Assisted Living Facilities In Traverse City Mi
At AssistedLiving.org, we are passionate about connecting seniors and their loved ones with supportive assisted living communities that offer the care and services that allow older adults to age gracefully and independently.
In order to find the top assisted living communities in the Traverse City area, our team of researchers:
- Sorted through 50 communities using our unique methodology
- Spent over 15 hours researching assisted living communities in Traverse City
- Read more than 80 reviews left by residents and their family members
After filtering out facilities that didnt meet our high standards, we were left with 10 assisted living communities that earned our seal of approval. Through this process we discovered that the average cost of assisted living in the city of Traverse City is $5,550, which is considerably higher than the state average of $4,200 and the national average of $4,051.
Christina is a Certified Senior Advisor and Geriatric Care Manager who is passionate about seniors and their families. Along with her staff, Christina works hands-on with each client to find the best solutions for the challenges that often come with aging.
Read on for in-depth information about the top assisted living facilities in Traverse City, a brief dive into our methodology for determining the best assisted living communities, and a searchable directory of 50 communities in the Traverse City area.
Read Also: List Of Assisted Living Facilities In Nj
North Star Retirement Community
- Steve813337 2017-03-29 North Star Retirement Community has a large entryway with seating areas, a dining room, 3 floors for independent living, and 2 floors for assisted living. It has an exercise room, a library, a sun room, and a patio. It has lots of activities, and the people are very friendly.
North Star Senior Living
- North Star Senior Living. 2340 W. Seltice Way. … My mother moved into this assisted living facility in May of 2017. … I also think that Tambra needs to work on her customer service skills with …
Recommended Reading: Magnolia Gardens Assisted Living Cottage Grove Oregon
The Last Residents Move Out Of Northern Star
Josh Murphy travels down a hallway of Northern Star Assisted Living in Traverse City, where is one of the last residents, while waiting for his family to help him move from from the closing facility.
- Record-Eagle/Jan-Michael Stump
Josh Murphy is one of the last residents of Northern Star Assisted Living in Traverse City, which is closing.
TRAVERSE CITY From behind his Detroit Red Wings mask, Josh Murphy angled his power wheelchair toward the floor-to-ceiling windows at Northern Star Assisted Living, watching Eighth Street traffic whiz past.
I have two friends that I lost, he said. John and Dottie. We used to sit together at this table but theyre moving somewhere else.
On Wednesday, Murphy, 40, was one of two residents remaining at the facility, which officials said was closing Dec. 1 because of industry-wide staffing issues.
Upstairs in room 226, Murphys mother and stepfather, who live in Caledonia, packed his things.
That morning, a room opened up at a local adult foster care home.
We were waiting for a person who was in a coma to pass can you imagine what it feels like to pray for someone to die? says Teresa Fitzgerald, choking back tears.
Murphys health needs are too complex for him to be cared for at home, Fitzgerald said.
When he was younger, Murphy was a staple at local nonprofits Everyone knew Josh, Fitzgerald said, of her son. He volunteered with Father Fred, the State Theatre and the Old Town Playhouse, for example.
Traverse City Senior Citizen Care Northern Star Assisted Living In Grand Traverse County Mi 49686
Find a Traverse City Senior Citizen Care that is here to serve you. Northern Star Assisted Living is that company. Please reach out to us today so Northern Star Assisted Living can help you solve any questions you have to meet your goals as a local consumer.
If you own a home or a business in Traverse City Grand Traverse County and you need Traverse City Senior Citizen Care, then give Northern Star Assisted Living a call now or fill out the contact form below and someone will get back to you and help you with your Traverse City residential, commercial, or industrial needs.
To Schedule An Appointment with a Traverse City Senior Citizen Care just reach out to them now!
Don’t Miss: Summerset Assisted Living Rancho Cordova
Commonwealth Senior Living Strengthens Leadership Team As
- CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va.Commonwealth Senior Living has hired three new leadership team members to oversee operations at Commonwealths portfolio of communities in the northern, southwest, and eastern/peninsula regions. Monet Morris has been named senior regional vice president and both Victoria Leitgeb and Rebecca Sturtz have been named regional vice presidents. We are very
Northern Star Jobs Employment
- Northern Star Assisted Living Northern Star Dental Group Northern Star Millwork, LLC Experience Level. Mid Level Entry Level Senior Level … Northern Star Online is a collaborative of 15 independent school districts and four educational service agencies.
Don’t Miss: Assisted Living Burlington County Nj
Assisted Living Center Closing In Traverse City Cites Need For Staff
Traverse City An assisted living center is closing in Traverse City, highlighting the demand for workers in the field and the scramble to find new housing for people suddenly facing uncertainty.
Northern Star Assisted Living, a 65-bed facility, might be turned into a hotel, the Traverse City Record-Eagle reported.
The owners said having enough people to work has been a challenge.
Its unfortunate that the need is there, but its staffing for the need, getting people available to work, is the most difficult part, said Ron Clous, a partner and member of the Grand Traverse County Commission.
Northern Star administrator Amber Phillips said staff were finding new housing for 46 residents, which was harder than finding new jobs.
I got a lot of calls from people wanting to hire our staff, Phillips said. They interviewed them right here in the building and everyone who wants them has jobs.
She said shes really afraid there wont be enough places to take care of the vulnerable and elderly in the region in the years ahead.
Most Northern Star residents have moved to Cadillac, Lake City, Kalkaska or out of state, Phillips said.
Ross Cox, 33, is staying in the Traverse City area.
Its a hard change, a hard transition, said Cox, who uses a walker and wheelchair. People already down on their luck now have such a short time to try to find somewhere to go, somewhere to move their entire life.